Sunday, August 23, 2009

Words

Aren't you happy that God not only speaks to us through nature and his creations, but also through His own Words? To know that everything that are said in the Bible are placed there for a reason; to cheer and to guide...

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Master hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." Isaiah 49:14-16

From reading the inspired Word of God, we get to know our Heavenly Father better. From spending time in His Word, we learn of His character. I think the same rule applies to us. The words that come out of our mouth, they reflect who we truly are.

As I go through my days this week, I pray that I can guard my lips better. To only speak when words are needed. To say something when someone needs some encouragements. To convey things that the Holy Spirit would want me to convey.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:12



No comments:

Post a Comment