Thursday, April 8, 2010

His Promise

Why can't my body fall asleep? It's 10:58pm and I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow (if I want to leave with no hurry) :). Falling asleep seems to not be second nature for me tonight and last night. I think something is bothering me more than I wanted, or realized.

It's so nice to look back at the entries that I put up on this blog from the past. But no, I'm not talking about the ones of my own words, or those nice pictures/paintings I found that impressed me which I decided to share and decorate this page. I'm talking about those entries I put up of scripture. That double-edged sword is still ever so powerful tonight. That can pierce through you when you know that you're not in right terms with God, that can give you assurance and comfort when you know that you are following His will. That is ever so sweet, delivered personally for us, for we know He's there walking along side.

*******

"And He said to man, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding" (Job 28)

"Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of His inheritance? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast ALL our sins into the depths of the sea. You will show faithfulness to Jacob and steadfast love to Abraham, as You have sworn to our fathers from the days of old." (Micah 7)

*******

How did these words of promises survive the test of time? Six thousand something years of earth history. How even to this moment are still ours to claim...

Who is a God like you?

No comments:

Post a Comment