Sunday, May 16, 2010

Run

This summer will be my first summer outside of california. To be honest with you, I've never liked california summers. I enjoy autumn, spring, and especially winter weather of california, but I've always dreaded the hot and dry 95-102ยบ summers.

So this morning, as I dusted off my running shoes and went out for a run, I couldn't help but wonder what summer in Illinois would be like. I've heard friends from school say that Michigan has one of the best summers, so I figured Michigan-Illinois can't be much different.

The run was great. I've been putting off running for some time with the broken earphones as an excuse. So last week I justified making a trip to walmart to get a new pair of earphones so I could put a stop unto this lazy self.

This morning I came to realize again why I loved running so much. No it's not the feeling of ankles being worn out after 20 min of excessive use. It's not the feeling of my out-of-shape self demanding a more frequent breaks as time goes. It's in that moment when you breath in the morning air and breath out; the feeling that somehow I'm doing myself a favor and that I know I'll be feeling much better after the run.

One thing I do not like when running is having the same scenery. So what I often do is intentionally make myself lost. lol. Oh the feeling of having to catch ones breath and at the same time must try to figure out how these winding streets with similar suburban houses would take me back to a familiar main road -I can't explain.

I see myself doing the same thing in my spiritual walk. I intentionally make myself lost and confused. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the new scenery that I get so curious about, maybe I don't feel content about my current route. What's so great about the ever-winding streets?

..........

"A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
-George Moore

"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly."
Proverbs 26:11

"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."
Psalms 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment