Sunday, July 4, 2010

He Inclined unto Me

Today's 4th of July. Such a hot & humid day. Earlier I got kind of bored, so I went for a drive to a local 'outdoor mall' to see which stores were open today. As I stepped out of the house, a rush of warm air greeted me, phew!

It was a couple of hours before sunset when I decided to have my little run. Still very much humid out, although now it's showing a little overcast. I wondered what it would take to run 2 miles around these suburb streets. So I went to my car, set the odometer to zero, and off i went to simulate my run (so left on Bel Air and right on 69th then head back=2.2 mi :)

On the way back, just on the last long stretch of road heading back home, water droplets were showing up on my windshield; even more a minute later. "So what can I do right? At least now I know my route." ^^

It's amazing how much cooler it got. I mean it didn't suddenly get chilly or anything, but the rain was so refreshing. I decided to grab my camera and just sit in the front porch and enjoy the rain. In that moment, I asked God, that when He gives me a wife one day, I hope she'd be one who would also enjoy hearing rain drops after a long hot & humid day.

"It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman." verse 19

"House and riches are the inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD." Proverbs 19:14

Man, the attic on a hot day can get really really hot. hahha.



















"I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined unto me,
And heard my cry.

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my foot upon a rock,
And established my steps.

Many, O LORD my God,
are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered."

Psalms 40:1,2,5

Listening to this skillful guitar player while sorting out the pictures...
Mr. Rafael Scarfullery

No comments:

Post a Comment