Sunday, July 3, 2011

John Once More

Reading from John this morning (what a wonderful gospel). To be able to hear the words that Jesus uttered during His short time on earth, every sentence a purpose.

It was maybe 2 years ago when for the first time I read through this gospel. Reading it today felt like I never read it before ( Chapter 7 was about Jesus going up to the feast in Jerusalem after His brethren already left. "...then went He also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret." verse 10) I felt a little foolish just now. Oh how how much less wisdom than the little wisdom I have now, did I actually have 2 years ago. Hmm disappointments aside, how I'm very thankful for the Word that came to life this morning.

-------

"Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and taught.
And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me. If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, wheather it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness in him. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?"
John 7:14-19

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Drey..

    this reading just shows that the master knew what was in the best interest for the people at the appointed time, and it was for the disciples to follow and take heed..

    my favorite verse was 37 and 38

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my friend. Why the disappointment? When you begin to live in the kingdom of God you can't expect to be wise straight away. It takes a whole lifetime, you know, like a mustard-seed. Luke13 verse 18&19. And they will all be taught by God. So cool don't you think.
    I do so enjoy your posts, thank you for keeping on keeping on. God bless this man, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete