Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Vain Things that Charm Me Most

Six months have passed since I started working full time.  Vacation time start showing up on my paychecks now.  Getting the hang of things: managing income, tithe, student loans, grocery money (grocery that's such a funny word. Say that 10 times).

But how would I look back to this period of my life later in the future?  Maybe as that period of time right out of college when college loans seemed like forever to pay off.  Or maybe just the time when means were just enough, not too much not too little.  When single life was not so demanding with mortgages or family bills to pay.  When God was showing me the ways everyday how to be content.

Would I be a different person if I make more money today?  Would I be reckless on my spending -on that new camera equipment or lens- if God were to trust me with more?  He knows my name, He knows my every thought.


"Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me." Psalms 5:8

"Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee:
He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

"You provide all my needs, and I call you Abba Father.  Hallowed be Thy name."


No comments:

Post a Comment