Monday, December 30, 2013

Growing Up

Time flies.  It's now 5.28 in the morning, and I've just finished cutting my fingernails and toe nails.  It seems that everytime I cut my toe nails I get reflective about time.  I would contemplate on how it's finally time to cut them again (so my socks would have a longer lifespan), and I'd try to remember how long it's been since I last cut them.

But it's true, time really flies.  Not until you're in your twenties and maybe lived on your own, that suddenly the first of each month became more significant.  "Oh it's the first of the month already?"  That means rent is due, credit card statement in two weeks, student loans, some bills.  Ay it's all part of growing up they say.

So new year is coming.  Help me LORD, for growing up is hard.  But you're a constant in my life, from the day I was born till my days of old.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
James 4:13-17

Since we talked about growing up, I shall leave you with this wonderful Narnia song. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment