Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Bible Journey

I feel that I'm spreading myself too thin in my Bible reading. Usually in the past, I tried to read one or two books at a time. That worked pretty well with the New Testament. But now, diving into the Old Testament, I have one notecard -as a mark- for Zechariah (on Chapter 9), another on Job (Chapter 8), a piece of paper on Isaiah (Chapter 22), and on some days I'm re-reading Romans (Chapter 6)... oh and i know whenever my brain can't seem to function in the morning, I always go to Proverbs (Chapter corresponding to dates. hehhe).

In James chapter 1:5 the Word of God says that "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." I do need help in this, because i don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.

With that in mind, let me share you what I came across when reading Zechariah. A wonderful book :)

Our Abba Father has witnessed a lot of things. He has witnessed generation after generation of those who honor and forsake His name. We humans are often times selfish in our own ways.

"Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me? And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not ye eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves?" (Zechariah 7:5,6)

"Therefore it is come to pass, that as he cried, and they would not hear; so they cried, and I would not hear, saith the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 7:13)

Yet in the next chapter He goes on and say...

"Thus saith the LORD: I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem... There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.... If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 8:3-6)

Don't we serve an awesome God...

No comments:

Post a Comment