Saturday, October 23, 2010

October

Upper Peninsula, Michigan '08

October is almost over. How time flies.. And it rained again this morning. Another gloomy Sabbath day. I love it. hehhe. There are times I wish to enjoy going to church with bright sunshine. But more often than not, I enjoy my rainy days.

Waking up this morning in the shadow of still-very-overcast sky, I could hear the leaves shifting by the wind. Wondering if it actually rained this morning, I looked out, and sure enough, the car that I just washed on Thursday is soaking wet in the driveway, with falling leaves sticking here and there. :)

Rainy Sabbath days bring me to a more contemplative mood. Also makes me talk less when I'm at church. I just smile at people. :) As I sneak back in to the sanctuary when everyone is eating, I noticed that the piano keys also sound better on rainy days... as I play my favorite hymns. It's true! ^^

Change of season is inevitable eh? cannot stop the moon from rising. Well, Fall has officially nipped the air, and is here to stay. I noticed with all these rainy days, seasons have the ability to sneak in on us. I remember last spring, as it rained a lot... the next thing you know, sunny days came and the days just got longer. A week or two of alternating rain, then suddenly sunset was at 8 o'clock. And the opposite is happening today.

"For everything there is a season,
and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

...........

But my Alpha and Omega never changes...

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

"Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the rememberance of His holiness. For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."
Psalms 30:4,5

No comments:

Post a Comment