Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Elijah

After Psalms i wasn't sure what to read next. I tried reading the first book Kings for a while, but it didn't seem to work out. I thought to myself maybe I should put a separate time to read this book, for I needed something different to start my day.

So I decided to revisit one of the gospels. It was one of the first books I read, that moment in my youth life when I decided that I needed to read the Bible for myself, to learn from the Word and search Him early. Sure enough, God had a message for me.

There was the first Elijah,
Then came the second [John the Baptist].
Today we are the Elijah of our time.

So our message should be of the same message,
"I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, make straight the way of the LORD, as said the prophet Isaiah." John 1:23

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain." Isaiah 40:3,4

What's your wilderness like? Is it classroom like? or maybe at your own church. Do you sometimes feel that you're the only one crying? Or are you still waiting to make your cry?

"For God has not given us the spirit of timidity; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God." I Timothy 1:7,8

"And he shall go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." Luke 1:17

Elijah = "Yahweh is my God"

No comments:

Post a Comment