Friday, January 28, 2011

Death

"The LORD hath disciplined me severely,
but He hath not given me over to death.
Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the LORD."
Psalms 118:18,19

I don't have all the answers as to why disasters happen and take away the lives of many people; why is there so many suffering children on this earth? But I know the angels of darkness are like roaring lions who would devour the lives of mankind when given the chance. Know that our Heavenly Father is the sustainer of our lives. However faulty you and I are, we are viewed by Him as His own, "a people for His own possession" (I Pet 2:9).

Just a couple of chapters back, the psalmist says,

"The LORD hath been mindful of us:
He will bless the house of Israel;
He will bless the house of Aaron.
He will bless them that fear the LORD,
both small and great."
Psalms 115:12,13

"The dead praise not the LORD,
neither any that go down into silence
But we will bless the LORD from this time forth
and for evermore. Praise the LORD."
Psalms 115:17,18


No comments:

Post a Comment